8 Million Deaths & Media Holocaust Denial
from Media with Conscience
The 6th anniversary of the US invasion of Afghanistan is approaching. This horrendous war crime was committed ostensibly in response to the 9/11 atrocity in which 3,000 people died.
While the egregiously dishonest and violent Bush Administration asserts that this atrocity was committed by Muslim Men in Caves, nobody has been arraigned and tried and there is a large body of available evidence that the US or US surrogates (Israelis?) were complicit in this crime (e.g. see Scholars for 9/11 Truth: http://st911.org/ ). As a scientist for 4 decades I have great problems with the official version e.g. how did the completely undamaged top 20 floors of the South Tower (the tower last hit, with minimal fires and the first to fall) topple to 30 degrees and then suddenly, in about 10 seconds, all the squillions of tons of concrete and steel of these floors become transformed into fine powder? This is blatantly consistent with the hypothesis of US-complicit explosive demolition (see: here ).
While Mainstream media continue to trumpet the judicially-untested, and reason-, chemistry-and physics-defying “official 9/11 version” of the endlessly lying Bush Administration (aka the OCT, the Official Conspiracy Theory), they ignore the horrendous human consequences of the subsequent Bush II War on Terror – 6 million post-invasion excess deaths as adjudged from the data of world’s best practice, expert UN and American demographers and medical epidemiologists. Indeed the Bush Asian Wars – the continuing US-backed Israeli Occupations (Occupied Lebanon and Occupied Palestine excess deaths 0.4 million), (the Bush I Gulf War (0.2 million Iraqi violent deaths), the Bush I-Clinton I-Bush II Sanctions War (1.7 million excess deaths), the Bush II Iraq War (2.0 million excess deaths), the Bush II Afghan War (3.2 million excess deaths) and the post-2001 world opiate drug deaths due to US restoration of the Taliban-destroyed opium industry (0.5 million deaths) now yields a total of 8 million deaths in the Bush Family Asian Holocaust.
A bottom-line measure of the consequences of human actions is provided by excess deaths (avoidable deaths, deaths that should not have happened, excess mortality, avoidable mortality). Excess deaths can be violent (from bombs and bullets) or non-violent (due to deprivation). Analysis of the carnage of the Bush Asian Wars is given below (for detailed and documented analyses of excess deaths from violence and deprivation in these conflicts see “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”: http://mwcnews.net/Gideon-Polya/).1. US-backed Apartheid Israeli occupation of Lebanon (much of the 1978-2006 period) [0.07 million] – 1978-2000 excess deaths in Lebanon totalled 60,000; about 10,000 violent killings by Israelis or Israeli surrogates occurred in the period 1978-2006.
2. US-backed Apartheid Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza (1967-2007) [0.31 million] – 1957-2007 excess deaths in the Occupied Palestinian Territory totalled about 0.3 million; about 10,000 Palestinians were violently killed (5,000 in the 2000-2007 Second Intifada period alone).
3. US Gulf War (1990-1991) [0.2 million] – an estimated 0.2 million violent Iraqi deaths due to the Bush I Gulf War.
Carlos Latuff/ MWC NEWS
4. US Sanctions War (1990-2003) [1.7 million] – an estimated 1.7 million Iraqi excess deaths occurred in the period 1990-2003 under the Bush I-Clinton I-Bush II Sanctions; the number of under-5 infant deaths in this period totalled 1.2 million (roughly 90% of these deaths were avoidable).
5. US Afghanistan War (2001-2007) [3.2 million] - excess deaths from UN Population Division data total 2.5 million; however excess deaths determined from under-5 infant deaths and dividing by 0.7 total 3.2 million (see 'Layperson’s Guide to Counting Iraq Deaths' on MWC News: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/5872/26/ ).
6. US Iraq War (2003-2007) [2.0 million] – 1.2 million post-invasion violent deaths (from the latest UK ORB survey) plus 0.8 million post-invasion non-violent excess deaths (from UNICEFunder-5 year old infant mortality data; see #5 above).
7. Global opiate drug-related deaths due to US actions [0.5 million] - 0.1 million people die each year around the world (0.6 million over 6 years) from opiate drug-related causes. Accordingly, about 0.5 million have died avoidably since 9/11 from opiate drug-related causes due to the UK-US restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry from about 5% of world market share in 2001 to a current 93% (see UN Office on Drugs and Crime, UNODC, 2007 World Drug Report).
We can thus assess the human cost of the Bush I and Bush II Asian Wars at 0.06 + 0.31 + 0.2 + 1.7 + 3.2 + 2.0 + 0.5 million = 7.97 million = 8 million.
A major contributor to the carnage in Occupied Palestine, Occupied Iraq and Occupied Afghanistan is the war criminal failure of the Occupiers to supply life-sustaining requisites as demanded unequivocally by the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War. Thus, according the World Health Organization (WHO), the “annual total per capita medical expenditure” permitted in Occupied Iraq by the US Coalition is $135 (2004) as compared to $19 (Occupied Afghanistan), $2,560 (UK), $3,123 (Australia) and $6,096 (the US).
The US Alliance Occupier countries are involved in both active genocide and passive genocide in the Occupied Palestinian, Iraqi and Afghan Territories - see the recently published “Lies, Deep Fries & Statistics” (editor. Robyn Williams, ABC Books, Sydney 2007; and especially “Australian Complicity in Iraq Mass Mortality” by Dr Gideon Polya) and “Body Count’ (G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 2007).
The Bush Asian Holocaust death toll of 8 million exceeds that of the Jewish Holocaust, the WW2 Nazi German-inflicted Jewish Genocide (6 million deaths, 5 million murdered and 1 million dying from deprivation) and that of the largely un-reported, “forgotten”, man-made, British-inflicted Bengali Holocaust (Bengal Famine, Bengali Genocide) of World War 2 British India (4 million excess deaths).
History ignored yields history repeated. Currently Mainstream media - non- reportage of the Bush Asian Holocaust (8 million victims) coupled with their Zionist- and Racist Bush-ite-beholden, Islamophobic, “terror hysterical” war-mongering is acutely threatening Iran with comparable devastation. Remote, peaceful Iran has a population of over 70 million (three quarters of whom are Women and Children).
Stand up for Humanity - please inform everyone you can before it is too late.
Other articles by this author