Thursday, May 17, 2007


LET THE ANARCHY BEGIN
from MAGICK RIVER Blog

A TV TALKSHOW HOST once asked me point-blank during a panel discussion if I were an anarchist.

“Of course,” I unhesitatingly replied, which took him aback. He quickly changed the subject. I guess the talkshow host, like most people I meet, was unaware what “anarchy” actually means.

My Oxford Concise Dictionary tautologically defines anarchy as “a society or political system founded on the principles of anarchism.” And how does it define anarchism? “Belief in the abolition of all government and the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis.”

Read On

2 comments:

  1. This is almost right.

    Anarchy is a social organization that does not include the state. "Government" is not the state, but the bureaucracy thaht carries out the will of the people. All societies have some form of government, even anarchies.

    How the will of the people is determined is the work of the political system, of which anarchy is one example.

    Anarchy is rule by the people, democracy taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your definition, hayduke. Murray Bookchin called it Anarchism which is my preferred term.

    Reason I published this article, followed-up with one from Richard Moore's Cyberjournal.Org is in preparation for more articles calling for an extra-parliamentary rule by the people which is the only way for the 21st Century.

    To carry on with this parliamentary pretence will only lead to WWIII.

    ReplyDelete