Sunday, February 05, 2006

CENSORED?!

For some time today I found myself locked out of gaining access to my own site here. Some of you will have received a mailing from me appealing for help.

No sooner had I sent out the appeal but the site was back on again.

The curious thing was that during the lock-out I checked several other Blogger sites which were all accessible.

Due to the particularly controversial character of my recent postings and Google's recent agreement to block Chinese dissidents' sites the thought did go through my mind that someone at Google had read my site's sub-header and decided to block me.

Anyway, if you are one of those responding to my appeal to check out the site, many thanks for doing so! I would be most interested to hear from other bloggers, particularly those using Blogger, if they have had similar experiences.

KosmikK

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:15 pm

    I found that lenins blog was down last night this morning, i had the same thoughts about that.

    Its only a matter of time, well at least as far as Iran is concerned anyway.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, Anon! Seems like the Blogger outages are part of ongoing technical glitches they have. I tried uploading images today with no success.

    On the general threat of censorship, though, I agree with you. It's only a question of time.

    What really concerns me right now is the self-imposed censorship so many non-establishment sources (eg Investigatring New Imperialism) regarding the nuclear threat to Iran from an attack. Neither CND or Stop the War Coalition are saying a thing about it. They're all under a spell. Weird ...

    ReplyDelete